What we are doing to support the peoples’ mental health wellbeing!
As Counselling Corner aims to improve the mental health situation and help people around the country with mental health issues, we are providing different kinds of training/ workshops/ webinar and also offering free emotional workshops online for anyone who needs it. This newsletter will let you know the details about what we are offering and please do contact us if you need any help or have questions. Read the Myanmar version of this newsletter on our website
Signs & Symptoms of a wounded inner child
Each month we discuss a different topic in psychology through our social media including YouTube, Telegram and Facebook. This month’s topic is “inner child” which is a representation of your past experiences. Negative experiences in your childhood can seriously affect your development and behaviour as an adult. You might continue carrying these wounds until you address them.
Neglecting the needs of children can cause trauma and we see generally 3 different kinds of neglect:
- Emotional neglect (not getting enough attention as a child, being reprimanded for showing emotions etc) which can cause at a later stage low self esteem, depression, a feeling of repressing emotions
- Psychological neglect (being bullied, not being listened to as a child, lack of privacy) which can result to a deep feeling of anger, addictions, showing lack of respect for others)
- Physical neglect (sexual and physical abuse) which can lead to eating disorders, self-harm, violent behaviour and sexual dysfunction)
A wounded inner child can seriously affect your relationship with partner, family or colleagues and can lead to following symptoms:
- You fear abandonment
- You have inappropriate guilt
- You have trust issues
- You have a fear for setting boundaries
- You are quickly angry
- You have trouble letting things go
The first step in healing your inner child is to acknowledge it is there and that he or she is wounded. Have a look at our free talks about inner child: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik6tjMIE2mk&t=6s
Free workshops on Wednesday & Saturday
Since the month of March, Counselling Corner is offering free emotional workshops online for anyone who needs it on Wednesday & Saturday. The workshop explains more about mental health and gives participants the chance to talk and to listen about emotions. Participants feel that they are not alone with their emotions and realize that having someone who listens to them is important and gives them relief.
Recently we enhanced the workshops concept a bit:
- The Wednesday workshop will be about the topic discussed in the previous Tuesday Facebook Live program so if you can now ask any questions you have about this topic. The trainers of the Wednesday workshop will explain about this topic and participants are asked to discuss and share their point of view on this topic.
- The Saturday workshop continues as you are used to from us and gives everybody the possibility to express their feelings in a non-judgemental and safe environment. Each week we focus on a specific group of people to encourage a generic group of people to share their feelings and emotions. We’re specifically encouraging for example mothers, students, elderly people, people with disabilities, people with relationship problems, parents with young children or any other specific group..Of course, sometimes we will also organise a free emotional workshop for everyone too. Get in touch with us if you have a specific group in mind to organise an emotional workshop for.
How to join? We upload the updated free workshop information weekly on Facebook (like & follow our page if you haven’t done yet) and you can register with your name, email and phone for your available date. We will then send the zoom link to join the workshop by email. It’s very easy for anybody from anywhere to join; you just need an internet connection, a device with camera & microphone and a quiet, private place to sit. Contact us on Facebook messenger if you have any questions.
Why do we organise this for free? Simply because we want to ensure people feel mentally strong. We offer both paid as free services as we want to provide mental wellness for everybody.
Supporting your staff mental health is key
Especially during this challenging time, we see a lot of people suffering from anxiety & stress, dealing with loss & grief and feeling hopeless. For any company or organisation it is an important time to show support to your staff. Many companies, NGO’s and other organisations are contacting us to ask how to support their staff’s mental health. Counselling Corner offers emotional workshops, individual counselling, webinars as well as training in different topics including basic counselling skills, first aid mental health support. We are one of the few organisations offering these services in Myanmar language by counsellors who understand the cultural sensitivities.
Supporting your staff’s mental well-being is key at this time so they are able to perform better at work as well as in their personal life. If you are interested, send the email to (email@example.com) or call us for more information: 09 664 017 251, 09 784 509 916
Counselling Corner support monthly over 400 people
Our aim is to improve the mental health situation of people in Myanmar and we are trying to support as many people as possible. We don’t tell the people what to do, instead we build up their own coping system, encouraging them to speak out, listening to themselves to understand what is their feeling and how to work on in order to get a positive result. Some people need individual sessions while others already feel much better after an emotional workshop. We are proud that we managed to help as many people as possible, supporting over 400 people a month.
Besides counselling and workshops, we have been training, coaching and supervising people interested to become a counsellor including people living in vulnerable communities up country so they can continue giving mental health support in their community. We did specific trainings for NGOs in Yangon, Kachin state and Kayah state and we’re happy to discuss more training possibilities for specific groups.
YouTube channel – watch together and start a conversation about mental health
Plenty of content is available for you and your friends, family members and staff on our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOL3NjMCbGkZY-XRsDeTRQ/videos
Each week a new video is uploaded in Myanmar language and we encourage you to share, copy and watch the content with others. Most videos are less than 5 minutes long and suitable to play during your weekly staff meeting and use it to start a conversation about mental health.
Please do share / like and contact us if you have any questions or suggestions on the above or want to know more about our services. We want to make it easier for people to talk about mental well-being and we need help for all organizations in Myanmar to discuss mental well-being openly with your team and work on improving it.
You can see the Myanmar version of this newsletter on our website
For enquiries please contact us:
Phone: 09 664 017 251, 09 784 509 916
Facebook Page: Counselling Corner Facebook
Website: Counselling Corner
YouTube: Counselling Corner YouTube channel
Instagram: Counselling Corner Instagram
Telegram: Counselling Corner Telegram